Slightly Neurotic

Monday, July 20, 2009

Blood in the Water

Men have this innate ability to sense when a woman is getting vulnerable or ready to start dating, and so they circle, jockeying for position, trying to see if there is an angle where they can strike and make the kill. At least, that is how it feels to me. Let me recap the last couple of days.

Saturday we had a Havdallah at the Moishe House, it was nice and relaxing, and the setting at the beach was beautiful. Later we all went to the house and sat around and played Apples to Apples. At one point in the evening I ended up sitting on the floor next to one of my board members (Sketchers), and he put his arm around.

Now I will say now that Sketchers and I had some massive sexual tension when we met. I don't entirely know why... I mean, he is cute in a wholesome All-American kind of way, but so not my type. And I find his lack luster career less than ambitious. At one point in the past we did fool around (ok twice). It was kind of stupid, and kind of a relief that we got it out of the way, but clearly he wants to try again. And here is the thing, if I were to go for it, then it would be purely physical, but it annoys me that it is purely physical for him as well. I want him to be all sad and piney that I don't want him for anything but affection. ANYWAY, I was sitting next to him, he put his arm around me and at some point kissed me on the head!!! I couldn't believe it! Right in front of everyone. Some how, through a small miracle, no one seemed to see it.

Like my life isn't hard enough without raising more questions. So anyway, at some point in the evening he asks/offers to spend the night. I admit, some small portion of me was tempted. But my friend was spending the night and he is friends with The Musician, so if I want any chance with The Musician, I can't hook up with Sketchers again.

So that was Saturday, Sunday we had a hookah night that had a miserable turn out. I put a lot of effort in to the appearance and practically no one showed *blah*. But my friend "J"(who is not Jewish), showed up. And long story short, kissed me! WTH?!?!? I have known this guy for months, seen him maybe three times and now he wants to make out? He didn't ask me on a date, or to even "hang out" he just took advantage of the fact that I was home and accesible and went for it. Laaaaaaaaame.

On top of that, The Musician couldn't make it, so I spent the evening all dressed up exchanging dirty BBMs with NY Boy. I really miss him..... I would trade all of this for him.... But I am determined to meet someone new and move on. At least I get a chance to say "goodbye" when I see him in NY in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home